- Product Details
Created in 2000, QT SCU is the original and leading recycled rubber underlayment.
It’s engineered for use directly under most floor finishes, yielding exceptional impact sound insulation results, even under hard surface flooring for concrete or wood-framed construction. QTscu is available in 48-inch-wide rolls and five standard thicknesses, ranging from 2 millimeter (mm) to 15 mm. Also available with a waterproof membrane, SCU can be installed under most types of grouted, glued, and floating floors, including hard tile, hardwood, engineered wood, laminate, LVT, and carpet. Manufactured in Pennsylvania from 92-percent resilient recycled rubber and backed by more than 400 independent laboratory and field tests, QT SCU has been repeatedly tested, proven, selected, and used in some of the best hotels and multi-family developments in the world.
INFORMATION FOR TILE APPLICATIONS
- Fast, hassle-free installation
- Compatible with most floor finishes
- Sold in rolls - 4'W x 30'L
- Doubles as a Tile Council of North America (TCNA)-rated high performance crack isolation membrane
- Can thin-set directly to 2 and 5 millimeter (mm) thicknesses per ASTM C627
- Compatible with radiant heat flooring systems
- Five mm thick QT performs better than 12 mm cork per ASTM E2179
Product Thickness TCNA Robinson Wheel Test
R-value (US units; SI units) Crack Isolation 4002 2mm Extra Heavy 0.11; 0.02 High Performance rating by TCNA
per ANSI 118.12 5.4 (over 1/8” protection)
4005 5mm Light 0.24; 0.04 4010 10mm Residential 0.44*; 0.08* 4012 12mm 0.52*; 0.09* 5015 15mm 0.65*; 0.12*